Thursday, July 14, 2011

Random Acts of Thinking and Senseless Writing

Before I forget - when we comment, can we please mind our language? This is not an "adult content" blog (har har - no really, it's not). I don't want Google to pull my privileges and banish me to the back ends of the blog swamp. *coughs* Thank you.

Random Thought 1: Goddess Worship - The Women of My PageIf you hang around my blog or my Facebook for even a short amount of time, you will meet The Goddesses. These are the women that get me through my days, my friends. Most of them I've known for years. All of them are extremely beautiful, smart, sharp, funny, and probably dangerous. Vicki, a/k/a Orion; Staci Leigh; Nichole/Freaksicle/Freaky; Becca/Beccadoll...and then there are my new friends. All of these women inspire me in some way on a daily basis. All of them keep me going, get me moving, KEEP me moving.

I don't mean to slight my men friends, because they're great. But they don't always get it. And let's face it - men want to pat you on the ass when sometimes what you need is someone to KICK you in the ass. Women will kick you in the ass when you need it. As a matter of fact, this week I have boot marks on both ass cheeks. Thank you ladies.


Random Thought 2: Politicians Will Steal Your RentObama is making me feel bad that I voted for him. Don't terrorize people that need money by threatening to withhold their Social Security checks. That's their rent or their food. If you think that by making that threat these people can bring pressure to bear on their elected officials, you are wrong. Their elected officials do not give a crap what they think or what they say. They do not listen to them. They listen to the people with a lot of money, and that is not the guy getting $875 a month in Social Security Disability payments. So - figure something else out and send the disabled guy who worked his whole life his check and let him pay his rent. Because really? Saying anything else is just sucky and wrong.


Random Thought 3: I'm Too Old To Go See The Harry Potter Midnight Premiere
I learned that from the last one. I was pissed off and irritated well before the film started. There were too many teens making too much noise, texting, making their stupid iPhones flash in my face during the film and generally annoying me. I wanted to punch a baby by the time the whole thing was over. Worse, they came to the diner afterwards, effectively ruining my night. So. We won't be going tonight. We will be going on Sunday. Because movies are WAY too expensive and it's the last one. I love Harry Potter (just shut UP, I DO and I don't CARE what you think, I'm too old to give a crap what YOU think about my taste in movies) and I won't have the last movie in the series ruined by a group of annoying teens. The end.

4 comments:

  1. All 3 are interesting thoughts. As to the Goddess Worship - I'm totally with you. Maybe I've just always met the wrong guys - but they sure don't get it. Except for gay guys, cause they have no ulterior motives.

    Politics is a subject I try to stay away from but what is going on right now is not something I can ignore. I work full time and make a decent living but I rely on my social security check every month. I can't live on the S/S but I can't live without it either. I worked mostly for sole practitioner lawyers. These jobs offered just simple medical benefits and did not offer pension plans,etc. Many people my age do not have second incomes or pensions to fall back on. You cannot take a person's sole means of support away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone seen Daniel Radcliffe and Elijah Wood in the same room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel Radcliffe is Elijah Wood after the anti-aging potion. That's what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted a comment to Phyllis in here yesterday and it's gone. WTH?

    ReplyDelete